MY KETOGENIC DIET FOOD JOURNEY

KETOGENIC DIET FOOD JOURNEY



I will share with you how I lost 9 pounds during the quarantine. Before the lockdown, I was at 119.71 pounds. I always maintained a weight of 110 pounds because it was ideal for my height.

A brief background on why I gained weight: There were many occasions before the lockdown - Christmas, New Year, birthdays, and sweets from Valentine's dates. Last February, I stepped on the weighing scale and was shocked by the number. I decided to buy a treadmill for my weight-loss plan, but it didn't work for me. I got tired during my early shift at work and chose to sleep for the rest of the day instead.

I thought of other ways to lose weight and saw a post about the Ketogenic diet and Intermittent fasting. Curious, I did my research and followed the ketogenic way of eating. Quarantine was the perfect time to manage what I ate because I was cooking our food, and eating out wasn't allowed.

The combination of the Ketogenic diet and Intermittent fasting really worked for me.

What is ketogenic? The Keto way of eating involves consuming a lot of fat and eating less or no carbohydrates. In this diet, we avoid sugary foods like bread, pasta, rice, noodles, and other high-carb foods.

What is Intermittent fasting? It's an eating pattern that cycles between periods of fasting and eating. I followed the 16:8 rule. I fasted for 16 hours and consumed food during an 8-hour window. I had dinner at 6 pm, black coffee for breakfast, and my first meal at 11 am.

Tip: One of the best ways to tell if you're losing weight is by seeing how your clothes fit. Try on an old dress with a zipper at the back; if you can now zip it up, that's a clear sign that your meal plan is paying off.

See the difference below from April 30 to June 30.


                                      

SW: Start weight: 54.3 kg

CW: Current weight: 51 Kg.

GW: Goal weight: 50 kg.

See also.


KETOSIS FOOD LIST

LOW CARB GROCERY LIST

KETOGENIC FRIENDLY DRINK
KETO LUNCH RECIPES

The ketogenic way of eating is not difficult for me to follow compared to other diet meals plans that I have tried before like  Military Diet and GMC Diet.   It was the best choice for me because I don't really like cakes, pizza, and sugary food.  Most of the foods allowed are my favorites like eggplant, avocados, and Pork Chicharon.  

I created a cute poster for your guide.


            
       
 

The fruits that I only consume are avocados, strawberries, and lemon. You can make your own milk tea, but the milk should be almond milk with stevia sweetener. You can eat chocolates, but make sure it is 100% dark chocolates. If bread, pizza, and hotcake are your life you can eat them as long as the flour was made from coconut or almond.  You can order online for ketogenic-friendly cakes and other pastries.  If you love pasta and ramen,  try shirataki noodles it has no calories, and no carbs perfect for any diet. You can make an ice cream using all-purpose cream and avocado or strawberry.

LOW CARB GROCERY LIST

Keto grocery shopping has never been easier, especially here in the Philippines.

Tips:

  • Choose canned goods that contain less than 3 grams of net carbs.
  • Use coconut oil or olive oil for cooking.
  • Always check the ingredients list.
  • Avoid sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, white sugar, and brown sugar.
  • Skip artificial foods.

I've created a gallery below so that you will have a keto grocery list.



KETO-FRIENDLY DRINKS

Top 5 favorite Keto-Friendly Drink 


avocadodalgona coffee
G-activeRite n Lite
SEE ALSO:

KETOSIS FOOD LIST
LOW CARB GROCERY LIST
KETOGENIC FRIENDLY DRINK

MY KETO LUNCH RECIPE GALLERY





Ketogenic meal: Canned Tuna Sisig Recipe



Ingredients

1 canned Golden Seas Tuna in Olive oil
Ginger
White onions
Kewpie Mayonnaise
How to do it.

Drain the tuna from a can, and set it aside
Chop Ginger and Onions into small pieces.
Fry the tuna until it becomes crispy.
Mix Ginger, onions, crispy tuna, and Kewpie mayo.
Ready to serve.


See also :




Comments