Pico De Loro Mountain Hiking Guide in Philippines.

Mount Pico de Loro hiking, also known as Mount Palay-Palay, located in Cavite province on the islandof LuzonPhilippines. It was a favorite mountain hiking destination for beginners.

Mountaineers.  I heard about them before, but I was not interested at all. In my mind, why are they doing it? It’s not safe, tiring, muddy, and it's too hot. What are these guys getting from it? 

Up until I tried it. It was a company sponsors hike. My closest friends want to join, so I also joined though I am hesitating. I packed my bag. Things inside my bag are water, hand warmers, a camera, an extra t-shirt, biscuits, and canned tuna. It was just a day hike so I did not bring a lot of things. Oh, wait. Of course, I did not forget my lipstick for pictorial purposes. 
We started our hike at exactly  6 am after the registration with DENR.
The first challenge is to pass the rocky river after the stream.





The ascend becomes more difficult because of the obstacles. Trees blocking our way, and slippery mud.

After 3 hours of walking, we reached the campsite.  The view is already breathtaking.  At the campsite, you can buy snacks, a cold drink and refreshing halo-halo. 
 The break is over after 30 minutes, we started to climb going to the peak. 


For the first-timer like me, I got a lot of reflection.  Your goal to be on top is within reach as long you keep on climbing even how hard it is even there is a lot of challenges comes your way.Do not give up. Once you reach the top it is very fulfilling because you have worked hard for it.

View from the top.
How to get there if you don't have a car and Waze.

Take the bus from the Coastal terminal going to ternate (150 per head).
 From the town proper, rent a tricycle and ask to drop in Pico point. (250 good for 3 pax)

Check also :

Comments